The environment around us consists of water, land, and air, which interact as a complex system. Obtainment of accurate environmental data through reliable scientific field survey is fundamental in identifying environmental issues, assessing environmental impacts and proposing effective countermeasures.
Our Environmental Survey Department has multiple bases nationwide to achieve high mobility. Our highly professional and experienced staffs will provide accurate environmental information, by conducting field surveys with state-of-the-art equipments, and careful analysis of the obtained data.
Surveys on the Aquatic Environment: Rivers, Lakes, Brackish Water, the Sea and its Drainage Area
- Water quality (water system, rainfall, groundwater, city water facilities, industrial facilities)
- Sediment quality
- Aquatic biota (plankton, benthic species, fishes, etc.)
- Monitoring of water quality parameters such as water temperature, salinity, turbidity, chlorophyll, etc.
- Monitoring of currents, water and tide levels, waves, discharge of thermal effluent, etc.
Surveys on Terrestrial Environments
- Monitoring of noise, vibration and traffic
- Monitoring of the heat-island phenomenon and the effect of countermeasures
- Landscape, waste
Surveys on Soil Quality
- Incorporating Soil Contamination Countermeasures Laws
- Evaluation of soil contamination risks
- Historical land use
Surveys on the Atmospheric Environment and Meteorological Observation
- Surface weather and upper-atmosphere observations
- Air sampling (dioxins, heavy metals, organic compounds, acid rain, odors, etc.)
- Sampling and measurement of flue gas and dust fall from air ducts
- Measurement of NOx, SOx, and SPM
Aerial Surveys and Remote Sensing
- Water temperature, turbidity, chlorophyll and coral reef distribution
- Ecological surveys on large wild animals, such as the Japanese deer and dugong
- Distribution of thermal effluents